Travel

Travel
Travel

San Francisco

San Francisco
San Francisco

Laugh With Me

Laugh With Me
Laugh With Me

Beyonce's Formation Tour Caused My Blog Blackout

Remember when Beyonce shut down the power at the Super Bowl three years ago?

Oops she did it again, and this time it was to my blog because I have no other explanation for my absence except that I did attend her concert–ahem, more like a spiritual awakening (is this what SoulCycle feels like? I hope it's what SoulCycle feels like because I've always wanted to feel the effects of SoulCycle without actually... cycling)– and have been in a comatose state since then.

Please note that I was about to upload a truly... emotional (read: psycho) reaction video but then decided that my good deed of the day would be to spare your poor eardrums.
To recap, yes, the reason for my absence has been a need to process my feelings post-Formation Tour. The power. The soul. The VERY LARGE pizza that my friends and I demolished en route to the concert even though we had nary a napkin. Watching us maneuver the dripping grease away from our clothing and desperately wiping our fingers on the cardboard pizza box was quite the sight, I'm sure. As was the five of us wandering too close to a freeway at 1am, trying to walk the five miles home, only to end up on a curb outside of a gas station tearfully watching the Castle series finale. See, Beyonce did some strange things to us.
Anyway, when I first sat down to write this post, I was overly ambitious and drew up a list of 17 things I needed to tell you guys about (no seriously) but I'm fading out fast–these Beyonce night photos are triggering something, I tell you what. Instead, you'll get to hear about the rest of the 16 earth-shatteringly important stories in the following days as I slowly but surely crawl out of blog-bernation.

Pinky swearsies.

Happy Monday!

Thoughts on Bey's new album? Have you been to a Beyonce concert? Do you know what I'm talking about?!

8 comments

  1. Yey! I am so glad you are back, you don't even know how much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, be careful what you wish for! :) Pretty soon you'll be like, girlfriend I need you to shut up. Please.

      Delete
  2. Omg I have so many things to say about this post! First of all, so so so jealous you got to go to the Bey concert! I wanted to go desperately but my schedule wouldn't let me! Honestly, I'm questioning everything about myself, letting my schedule prevent me from going! Second, been there with the pizza box/napkin. Disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it but we do drastic things all in the name of pizza. Finally! What did you think about the Castle finale? I loved it up until the last like 2 minutes then I may have (ahem . . . I totally was) screamed at the TV and stormed out of the room. I'll blame my dramatic reaction on my mood from missing Beyonce.

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go the next time she comes in town! She was absolutely incredible. Totally with you re: the Castle finale. I thought it was a hastily episode that was put together last minute (I heard there's an alternate ending for if the show didn't get canceled... but I have a feeling that ending would've actually been worse) and given the dramatic circumstances surrounding the show in the last couple of months, it doesn't surprise me at all.

      Delete
  3. Omg, so jealous you got to go to her concert!! How was it?! Okay, well, by the looks of this post, it was pretty epic but details are needed! haha.

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So. Amazing. She can take allllllll of money, because it was totally worth it! She was fun and phenomenal and powerful and I have only good things to say about it!!

      Delete
  4. I loved Bey's concert!!! It was so amazing, I want to go back again when she comes to Houston in September :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog Caroline. I doubt Bey will come to South Africa anytime soon. My besties and I are hoping to catch her overseas (US or UK) next year- hopefully she goes on a 2nd leg of her Formation tour, just seeing her on tv or live DVDs makes me blackout :-)))

    ReplyDelete

your comments truly make my day! :)
thank you!

xx Caroline